Arts organizations throughout western Montana were awarded grants from the Montana Arts Council.
The Public Value Partnerships Grant Awards provide annual funding to support the education mission of nonprofit arts groups.
Rare among grants, these go to the nonprofits' annual operating costs, which is why the council believes it's so important, said KarenDe Herman, a council staff member.
"Literally they can use this money for anything from light bulbs to toilet paper for advertising to paying their staff. It's purely operating support," Herman said.
The grants are awarded annually on a multiyear cycle, and the following groups will receive the grants each year for four years.
• MCT Inc., $10,000.
• Missoula Writing Collaborative, $3,170.
• Missoula Art Museum, $10,000.
• Clay Studio of Missoula, $2,000.
• Missoula Cultural Council, $2,250.
• CoMotion Dance Project, $2,000.
• Montana Repertory Theatre, $8,340.
• Montana Museum of Art and Culture, $4,260.
• Zootown Arts Community Center, $2,000.
• Living Art of Montana, $2,000.
• Bitterroot Performing Arts Council, $2,270.
• Irwin and Florence Rosten Foundation, $2,340.
• Bigfork Playhouse Children's Theatre, $2,620.
• Alpine Theatre Project Inc., $9,510.
• North Valley Music School, $3,130.
• Stumptown Art Studio, $2,520.
• Whitefish Theatre Company, $4,400.
• Hockaday Museum of Art, $4,000.
• Glacier Symphony and Chorale, $8,090.
• Sunburst Foundation, $2,000.