The Family Resource Center at Big Sky High School primarily helps families deal with issues of homelessness. The Family Resource Center has a food pantry of nonperishable items, a clothing pantry, school supplies and toiletries. It is constantly being restocked and currently serves 30 families. The needs of these families range from getting them connected to housing resources to sending bundles of food home for weekends and holidays.
If you can help with any of the following, please call Jo Schapley at 406-728-2401, ext. 8051.
• Some of these families are living in cars and need gas cards since the weather has gotten cold. Gas cards in the amounts of $10-$20 per card are appreciated.
• A number of families of 12th graders are already voicing concern in regard to expensive items needed for graduation. Dress attire (ties, collar shirts, slacks, dresses, skirts, shoes, etc.) for these families would be appreciated.
• One client just had a baby. The parents/students live independently with each other and could use a stroller and a case of wipes.
• An 11th-grader who has been homeless/living on his own since ninth grade has an after-school job. He was recently the victim of theft, his Beats Audio earbuds and his white Nike thermal hoodie were taken. He earned the Beats the first time, pays his own way and is homeless. So if there's a way to help replace these items for him, he would be grateful. His desire is for black and red Beats Audio earbuds and a white Nike thermal hoodie size XL.
• A mother could really used help with Christmas gifts for her sons. The 16-year-old twin boys would like Hollister jeans size 30/30, Chino pants size 30/30, cargo pants and cargo shorts size 30/30, Nike DriFIT/Under Armour shorts, Nike shoes size 9, red/white Bucket Squad shirt size small. The 14-year-old boy would like a Nike hoodie size medium, Green Bay Packers sweat pants size 32/30, remote-control helicopter. The 12-year-old boy would like a Golden State Warriors' Steph Curry jersey size large, Play Station 4 controller.