120914 airport fog 02 tb

A private jet lands at Missoula International Airport on Monday morning. At least two commercial flights had made it in by midday.

The Missoula Pre-Release Center walkaway who allegedly entered the grounds of the Missoula International Airport, stole a pickup truck and eluded police last month pleaded not guilty Tuesday.

Timber Forest Sharrard, 22, was charged with escape, theft and criminal mischief, all felonies. He appeared before Missoula County District Judge Robert “Dusty” Deschamps.

Sharrard walked away from the prerelease center Jan. 30, and was arrested early the next morning.

According to an affidavit, he allegedly rode his bicycle to Walmart before going to a bar to drink. He then proceeded to the airport and climbed a security fence.

Sharrard allegedly found a truck on the airport grounds with the keys inside, and drove along the perimeter fence, looking for a way out.

An airport security officer who saw the truck on a de-icing ramp tried to stop Sharrard, who allegedly sped up to 60 mph during the chase. Sharrard eventually hit a gate in the fence, causing the truck to crash in a ditch. He fled on foot.

He was eventually apprehended by Missoula County sheriff’s deputies, Montana Highway Patrol troopers and a K-9 unit with the Missoula Police Department.

In an interview at the jail, Sharrard allegedly told a deputy he intended to leave the state and eventually the country.

Deschamps set Sharrard’s omnibus hearing for March 22, and maintained his bail at $40,000.


In other court news:

The Missoula woman accused of leading police on a chase from the county jail to downtown last month pleaded not guilty to three counts of felony criminal endangerment, as well as misdemeanor charges of eluding an officer and disorderly conduct.

According to an affidavit, a pedestrian flagged down a police officer near the jail and said Kathy Elaine Lamb had nearly drove into her as she was walking along the road.

When the officer located the vehicle and attempted to stop it, Lamb allegedly fled in her car. She was arrested after the chase ended outside the KECI-TV station downtown. Nobody was injured in the incident.

The weekend before the chase, Lamb was arrested twice within five hours for a variety of misdemeanor offenses.

Her omnibus hearing is set for March 15, and she has been released on pretrial supervision.

You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.