I see that the city of Missoula is once again taking out advertising space in the Missoulian to remind residents of their legal requirement to shovel sidewalks, or be fined up to $50 plus the cost of having the job done (city codes 12.16.030 through 12.16.045).

Meantime, city crews will only plow 47 percent of the public streets (deemed priorities), leaving 53 percent (low-volume, residential streets) snow-packed, icy and dangerous. Only when a snowstorm exceeds four inches does city policy call for crews to plow those streets, and then, only if they can get around to it. The city is subject to no fine for the neglect.

Jim Harmon,

Stevensville

Angry
0
Sad
0
Funny
0
Wow
0
Love
0
You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.