Montana may be the Big Sky Country, but Montanans also have big hearts. So many of our readers have asked us how they can help people who have been affected by Montana wildfires.
Here are some resources you can use to reach out to your fellow Montanans:
- Montana DNRC - Forestry Division 2705 Spurgin Road, Missoula, MT 59804 - Phone: (406) 542-4251
- 406 Family Aid Foundation All donations will go directly to the evacuees of the Lolo Peak Fire.
- United Way of Missoula County has set up a fund to help victims of the Lolo Peak Fire and the Seeley Lake/Rice Ridge Fire.
- Garfield County Relief Fund The GC Relief Fund is a subsidiary of the Central Montana Foundation. It has been created to help victims of the 2017 Lodgepole Complex fire.
- The American Red Cross of Montana has opened 10 shelters for fire evacuees in Montana.