HELENA – As a key component of the federal health-care law known as “Obamacare” prepares to launch next Tuesday, state auditor Monica Lindeen is going on a six-city tour to explain the changes.
Starting in Butte on Thursday, Lindeen will visit the cities through next week, inviting the public and press and answering whatever questions people have about the law and the new health-insurance “Marketplace” in Montana.
The Marketplace, which opens next Tuesday, is an Internet shopping site where the uninsured and others can get health-insurance policies at subsidized prices.
It’s a central part of the Affordable Care Act’s efforts to expand health coverage to millions of uninsured Americans.
“Montanans want real information, not spin,” Lindeen said Monday. “I don’t have a dog in the Obamacare fight. I just want Montanans to know how it works so they can make the best choice possible for themselves, their families or their small business.”
In addition to Butte, cities to be visited by Lindeen are Billings, Missoula, Bozeman, Kalispell and Great Falls.
Lindeen, whose office regulates health insurance in Montana, will be accompanied by her office’s top Obamacare expert, general counsel Christina Goe, and other staffers familiar with the Affordable Care Act.
Lindeen’s office already has been answering questions about the Obamacare Marketplace and other aspects of the law submitted via the web, at www.montanahealth
The tour sites and times are:
- Butte: Thursday, noon, Butte-Silver Bow Archives, 17 W. Quartz St.
- Bozeman: Thursday, 6 p.m., Montana State University Strand Union Building, Sub Ballroom B, West Grant Street and Seventh Avenue.
- Billings: Friday, noon, RiverStone Health Lil Anderson Center, First Floor Conference Room, 123 S. 27th St., and Friday, 6 p.m., MSU-Billings Sub Banquet A&B, 1500 University Dr.
- Missoula: Monday, noon, St. Patrick Hospital, Conference Center Rooms 1 and 2, 500 W. Broadway; and Monday, 6 p.m., University of Montana University Center, Room 332, 32 Campus Dr.
- Great Falls: Next Tuesday, 6 p.m., Benefis Health System, Cameron Room, 1101 26th St. S.
- Kalispell: Oct. 2, noon, Kalispell Regional Medical Center, Buffalo Hills Conference Center, 310 Sunnyview Lane.