Here’s a numerical look at the number of Missoula Marathon runners, the course and help along the way:
• Number of runners: 1,500 for the full marathon, 3,500 for the half, an estimated 750-800 for the 5K, and 500 for the kids marathon.
• States represented: 48
• Course features: 1 hill on the full marathon course; 1 tunnel and 2 bridges for all runners.
• Computers used to track runners’ race results: 15
• People staffing timing stations: 5.
• Calories the average runner burns in the half/full marathon: About 100 every half hour.
• Aid stations: 19 for the full, 10 for the half.
• Medical professionals at the ready: 25, comprising a mix of doctors, nurses, athletic trainers and emergency medical technicians.
• Volunteers: More than 900.