While some have sought to keep this sign-up period hidden (did somebody whisper “The White House”?), please know:
- The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) is still on! There has been no repeal, and its insurance plans, needing annual enrollment, remain affordable for most.
- The 2018 open enrollment sign-up period this year is half as long as it was. You have from Nov. 1 through Dec. 15. That's now.
- Benefits remain. These include required acceptance, regardless of pre-existing conditions, free preventive care, etc.
- You are legally required to carry health insurance.
- Insurers are still required to provide subsidies, if you qualify and sign up through the Healthcare.gov federal exchange. In fact, subsidies have risen, alongside premiums.
- If you’re currently covered by an ACA plan, you may score a better plan for less by looking again. Shopping for the best plan for you can be even more valuable this year than before.
- Automatic re-enrollment notifications will come after the sign-up period this year. You may not like 2018’s terms for your current plan. Shop now.
- Certified navigators are available to help you select a plan. See covermt.org.
- Time’s limited, and health insurance is worth it. Don’t miss out.