Full Court Press
• Sam Beighle led all players with 25 points and Scott Malikie chipped in 16 as Class AA Missoula Sentinel overpowered Class A Stevensville 86-36 in the season opener for both teams.
• Gaje Lieschner scored 19 points and Camden Hill added 16 as Laurel overwhelmed Columbus 62-32 in a cross-class opener. “Laurel just dominated all the way through," Columbus coach Paul Barta said. "They really just played the whole way through from start to finish.”
• Tyson Petticrew 32 points as Charlo opened its season with a 62-23 win over Valley Christian in the Western C tip-off tournament in Frenchtown.
• Rylan Weltz scored a game-high 20 points to lead Noxon to a 62-51 Class C win against Clark Fork. Logan Wood added 18 more for Noxon.
• Kyle Weeks had a team-high 17 points as Plains topped Drummond 62-36.
• Philipsburg's Colton Grange and Kade Cutler each scored 14 points in the Prospectors 51-47 win against Darby.
• St. Regis' Nic Day scored a game-best 20 points, but the Tigers fell to Victor 62-42. Skyler Webberson finished with team-high 17 points for the Pirates.
• Jared Cole scored a team-high 14 points for the Frenchtown JV team, which beat Lincoln 70-43. Nathan Brown finished with 18 points for the Lynx.
• The Florence boys opened with a 66-41 win against Eureka. Marcus Zeiler hit three 3-pointers and led the Falcons with 23 points. Brent Stroppel added another 20 for the Falcons, who overcame a 26-point performance from Eureka's Colton Copper.
• Aspen Cotter scored 14 points and Kaitlyn Dawes had 13 to help Laurel to a season-opening 48-31 win over Columbus. Morgan Kirch had 11 points to lead Columbus.
• Noxon's Cory Brodmerkle scored 14 points and Anna Kaiser added 10 in a 38-31 win over Darby. Darby's Gracie Lang had a game-high 18 points.
• Hailey Kelly scored 12 points and Kenzie Mueller put in 10 in Clark Fork's 35-33 win over Charlo.
• Morgan Radtke paced Drummond with 19 points in a 45-40 win over Plains.
• Hot Springs' Sydney Jackson and McKenzie Cannon scored 14 points, and Sage Jackson added 13 in a 56-34 win over Lincoln.
• St. Regis' Baylee Pruitt scored 18 points and Madison Kelly and Kylee Thompson chipped in 11 each in a 54-6 win over Valley Christian.
• Ashley Miller scored 14 points and Terra Bertson added 11 in Seeley-Swan's 45-30 win over Philipsburg. Jaden Comings scored 25 points for Philipsburg.
• Cassidy Moen scored 14 points to lead the Frenchtown JV team to a 43-15 win over Victor.
• In Class B play, Rylee Mangun scored 17 points in Florence's 50-37 win over Eureka. The Lions were led by Sienna Utter's 15 points.
41: Braiden Jackson, Frazer
32: Tyson Petticrew, Charlo
29: Cody Welsh, Turner
26: Colton Copper, Eureka
26: Jason Jackson, Frazer
25: Jaden Comings, Philipsburg
25: Sam Beighle, Missoula Sentinel
24: Joseph Williamson, Wolf Point
23: Bryson Stermitz, Gardiner
23: Marcus Zeiler, Florence
22: Tawney Stanton, Jordan
22: Eddie Harmon, Turner
20: Alex Rain Bird, Frazer
20: Keenan Murnion, Jordan
20: Rylan Weltz, Noxon
20: Nic Day, St. Regis
20: Brent Stroppel, Florence