Scheduled programs and showings of the Big Sky Documentary Film Festival for Monday:
Films at the Elks Lodge, Roxy and Missoula Children’s Theater, beginning at 10 a.m.
- Konelīne: Our Land Beautiful — a cinematic celebration of northwestern British Columbia, and all the dreamers who move across it. Roxy 2, 10:45 a.m.
- Political refugee shorts block. A timely collection of films about refugees from all over the world. Elks Lodge, 3 p.m.
- Oyate — A film about life on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota, told through the stories of two families as they go about their daily activities over the course of a single summer. MCT, 3 p.m.
- Fight Church — a story about the confluence of Christianity and Mixed Martial Arts, centered around pastors and fighters in their quest to reconcile their faith with a sport many consider to be barbaric. Daniel Junge retrospective. Roxy 2, 3:30 p.m.
- Ghosts of Our Forest — After an indigenous Ugandan tribe is violently removed from its forest home, the survivors are left to reconcile with the ghosts of their ancestors as they struggle to maintain their cultural identity. MCT, 5:15 p.m.
- The Lure — In 2010, an art dealer hid a cache worth millions somewhere in the Rocky Mountains, and published a cryptic poem with clues to its location. This is the story of a legendary buried treasure, as revealed through the treasure hunters, each driven by something more than simple wealth. Elks Lodge, 5:30 p.m.
- Farmer/Veteran — One veteran’s mission to find healing through farming is haunted by the wounds of a family lost and the soldier he still yearns to be. MCT, 7:45 p.m.
- Tribal Justice — Two tribal judges strive to reduce incarceration rates and heal their people by restoring rather than punishing offenders, modeling restorative justice in action. Elks Lodge, 8 p.m.
Filmmakers in attendance
You have free articles remaining.
Q&A sessions are scheduled following film screenings.
- Last Ship — Daniele Ragusa, director. Learning to See — Jake Oleman, director. Shorts block, Elks Lodge, 12:30 p.m.
- Walk With Me: The Trials of Damon J. Keith — Jesse Nesser, director. MCT, 12:45 p.m.
- Roadside Radiation — Mortiz Shultz, director; Julian Springhart, director of photography. Altimir — Kay Hannahan, director; Tyler Hurley, producer. Shorts block, Roxy 2, 1:15p.m.
- Port of Entry — Marisa Pearl and Andrea Meller, directors. Shorts block, Elks Lodge, 3 p.m.
- Oyate — Dan Grimus, director. Cree Code Talker — Alex Lazarowich, director. MCT, 3 p.m.
- Fight Church — Roxy 2, 3:30p.m. BSDFF Retrospective — Daniel Junge, director.
- Ghosts of Our Forests — Danile Roher, director. Property — Allison Otto, director. MCT, 5:15 p.m.
- The Lure — Tomas Leach, director. Loner’s Game — Silvana Barrero, director. Elks Lodge, 5:30 p.m.
- Make Inishturk Great Again — David Freid, director. Shorts block, Roxy 2, 6 p.m.
- Farmer/Veteran — Alix Blair and D.L. Anderson, directors. MCT, 7:45 p.m.
- Tribal Justice — Georgianna Lee (Vision Maker Media), funder. Elks Lodge, 8 p.m.
- Isaya & the Mlima — Ryan LeCluyse, director; Daniel Schwartzbaum, producer. Shorts block, Roxy 2, 8:15 p.m.
DocShop begins today, highlighted by a master class with Daniel Junge at Rocky Mountain School of Photography, 3 p.m.
For a full schedule of films and events, as well as ticket info, go online to bigskyfilmfest.org.