The Flaming Lips, the defiantly weird psych-rock band that achieved Grammy-level success, is coming to the KettleHouse Amphitheater in Bonner this summer. The concert is Monday, June 4.
The Lips and lead singer Wayne Coyne, who's fond of walking the audience in an oversized plastic bubble, grew up in the underground punk scene. They scored an MTV hit with "She Don't Use Jelly" in 1993 that was considered something of a novelty. Two classic studio albums, "The Soft Bulletin" in 1999 and "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" in 2002, earned the band indie-rock elder statesmen with a reputation for a you-have-to-be-there live show. The band is touring off a new album, "Oczy Mlody," released in 2017.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the show starts at 8. A limited online presale will run from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Thursday, March 1. Go to http://bit.ly/2HMwBV0 to sign up.
Tickets are $34.50-$49.50. The concert is all ages. The general public sale starts Friday, March 2, at 10 a.m. Montana time. Go to the Top Hat, logjampresents.com or 877-987-6487.
The amphitheater, situated along the Blackfoot River, has a capacity of 4,000.
Here are the other concerts announced for its 2018 season.
• Slightly Stoopid with Pepper and and Stick Figure (June 7)
• Primus and Mastodon (June 21)
• Bela Fleck and the Flecktones with the Wood Brothers (July 12)
• Sheryl Crow (July 18)
• Trampled by Turtles and the Lil Smokies (July 21)
• Pixies and Sleigh Bells (Aug. 3)
• Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats (Aug. 9, sold out)
• Justin Moore (Aug. 16)
• Andrew Bird and Punch Brothers (Aug. 17)
• Rebelution with Stephen Marley, Common Kings, Zion I and DJ Mackle (Aug. 19)
• Blondie (Sept. 4)
• Trombone Shorty's Voodoo Threauxdown (Sept. 11)