End of summer picnic Aug. 31 at Bonner Park
To mark the end of summer, the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship will have a picnic in lieu of a service at 10 a.m. Sunday at Bonner Park. Sandwich “fixings” and utensils will be provided. Those attending are asked to bring a side dish to share.
September programs kick off with bell choir
The First United Methodist Church, 300 E. Main St., announces the following programs taking place in September:
- JuBELLation will meet Wednesdays from 6 to 8 p.m. starting Sept. 3. Anyone who can read music and would like to learn to play bells is invited to join the bell choir led by Joann Wallenburn. For more information, call Joann at 677–4424.
- Chancel Choir begins again at 9 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 7, in the Wesley Chapel. For more information, call Choir Director Greg Boris at 239–1828.
- Sunday School starts Sept. 7. All kids pre-kindergarten through sixth grade are welcome to participate after children’s time for talks, crafts, singing, and learning about the Bible. Volunteers are needed.
- Blessing of the Backpacks will be Sunday, Sept. 14. Kids, bring your backpacks for a special school year blessing.
- Joyful Noise Children’s Choir begins Tuesday, Sept. 16, at 6:45 p.m. upstairs in the Wonder of Wonders room. Call Rhanda Johnson at 327-7485 for more information.
You have free articles remaining.
Montana Bible College plans leaders conference
“Our Return to Athens: Confidently Christian in a Postmodern World” is this year’s theme for Montana Bible College’s annual fall Church Leaders Conference. Guest speakers are Dr. Michael Lawrence and Dr. Todd Miles. Michael Lawrence is the senior pastor of Hinson Baptist Church in Portland, Oregon. Todd Miles is Associate Professor of Theology and Director of the Master of Theology Degree at Western Seminary in Portland.
Montana Bible College’s own Dr. Gale Heide and Jim Carlson will also explore what biblical, gospel-centered ministry looks like in this modern world .
The conference begins Thursday, Oct. 9, at the college, located in the Grace Bible Church facilities on 3625 S. 19th Ave. in Bozeman, and continues until 4 p.m., Friday, Oct. 10. The early-bird cost of $50 for individuals and $40 each for groups of three or more includes a dinner, lunch and book. After Sept. 4, the price is $80 each for individuals and $70 each for groups of three or more. Registration is on montanabiblecollege.edu or call call (406) 586-3585.