For information or to make an appointment at any of the Missoula-area sites, call 543-6695 or the number listed. The Missoula center is at 401 W. Railroad St. Upcoming blood drives include:
• Tuesday, Aug. 17 - Salish Kootenai College, 1 to 5 p.m. in the Louie Caye Sr. Memorial Building, call 676-8666; and Lakeside Baptist Church, 2:30 to 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 18 - Florence Carlton Church, 1 to 6 p.m., call 273-6759; and Hot Springs Elementary School, 3 to 6 p.m. in the multi-purpose room.
• Thursday, Aug. 19 - Superior Area Ambulance Center, 1 to 5 p.m., call 822-4520; Church of the Nazarene, Victor, 1:30 to 5:30 p.m., call 821-1039; and Libby VFW, noon to 5 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 20 - Missoula Red Cross Center, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and Kalispell Red Cross Center, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Monday, Aug. 23 - Ravalli Electric Cooperative, Corvallis, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the bloodmobile, call 961-3001, Ext. 224; Missoula Red Cross Center, 2 to 6 p.m.; and Kalispell Red Cross Center, 2 to 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 24 - St. Patrick Hospital, 500 W. Broadway, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the bloodmobile, call 329-5838 or visit www.redcrossblood.
org and enter sponsor code "stpats"; and Flathead Electric Cooperative, Kalispell, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Run Wild Missoula - For more information on the following programs, visit www.runwildmissoula.org:
• Beginner runner training class begins Aug. 21 at Runner's Edge and meets every Saturday at 8:15 a.m. and Thursday at noon until the Pumpkin Run 5K on Oct. 16. Cost is $25 for members, $50 for non-members. Fee does not include Pumpkin Run registration.
• Beer Run, Aug. 25, 6 p.m., Bayern Brewing, 1507 Montana St. These monthly five-mile runs will occur on the last Wednesday of the month at a different tavern or brewery. Free for members.
• Running class for parents starts Aug. 27 at 5:30 p.m. at Runner's Edge and continues until the Pumpkin Run 5K on Oct. 16. Moms must be at least six weeks postpartum unless they have a release from their doctor. Babies are welcome but should be at least 6 months old. Cost is $25.00 for members, $50 for non-members. Fee does not include Pumpkin Run registration.
Missoula pain support group - The group will meet Aug. 29 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Open Way Mindfulness Center, 702 Brooks St. The topic will be "Picking Up the Pieces; Planning for the Future." For more information, call Nicole at 327-8408 or visit www.myspace.com/
BodyTalk programs - To learn more about BodyTalk and see a complete calendar of events, visit www.
bodytalkmontana.com. The following programs will be held in Missoula:
• Free lecture and sample clinic, Sept. 8, 6-8 p.m., Missoula Public Library, 301 E. Main. Sessions will be provided by local certified practitioners on a first-come basis. Call Debra Shorrock, 728-6347, or Rosie Smith, 240-9103, for more information.
• BodyTalk ACCESS class, Sept. 18, Holiday Inn Express-Riverside. Course fee is $100, including manual. For class registration and details, contact Tori, 880-8749.
Mended Hearts - The support group for heart disease patients and their families meets on the second Monday of the month from September through May at 2 p.m. in St. Patrick Hospital Broadway Building Conference Room 3. A facilitated support group meeting precedes the regular meeting at 1 p.m. Volunteers also can visit heart patients and their families to provide support and encouragement. Call 329-5824 for more information.
The Fitness Calendar is printed each Tuesday inside the Health section. Deadline is noon Friday the week before publication.