Missoula Early Head Start is a federally funded program provided at no cost to low-income families living in Missoula County. MEHS serves children up to age 3 and pregnant women year-round, and is designed to meet the special strengths and needs of each family. There are three Early Head Start options: Home Based, Center Based and Prenatal.
Services are individualized for parents to assist their goals of independence and self-sufficiency. Resources and referrals include social services; medical, dental, physical, nutrition and mental health services; and disability services. Parents receive ongoing parenting education, leadership skills, volunteer opportunities, skill-building, goal-setting and career opportunities.
Following are immediate family needs. To help, call 406-251-9410, or drop off donations at Missoula Early Head Start.
• A single mom is in need of diapers (size 6) and wipes for her child.
• A family is in need of three folding dining chairs, diapers (size 5), Pampers Easy-Ups training pants (4T/5T), and a door mat.
• A family is in need of diapers (size 4), Pull-ups (size 4T) for a little girl, and winter boots (size 7) for a little girl.
• A single mom is in need of four tires for her car, size 215/65R16.
• A family is in need of a pack and play.
• A single mom is in need of sweats for a little boy (size 4T) and socks, as well as 12 month old clothing for a little boy, and a twin bed set.
• A single mom is in need of Aveeno eczema cream, 5T shirts/pants for little boy and 2T shirts and pants for little boy.
• A family needs a newer crib that meets all safety standards.
• A family would like an artificial Christmas tree.
• A family is in need of a double stroller, and size large and 4T Pull-ups.
• A family is in need of a five point harness, 3 in 1, car seat for a girl. Must be brand new in box for safety.