For more information on the following programs at the Montana Natural History Center, 120 Hickory St., call 327-0405 or visit montananaturalist.org:
- MiniNaturalists Pre-K Program, 10 a.m. each Thursday. Cost is $3, $1 for members. Best for ages 2 to 5; children must be accompanied by adults.
- "Soup and Spud Fest," 5-7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 17, Fort Missoula Native Plant Garden. Enjoy a variety of soups, baked potatoes with fixings, drinks and garden tours. Kids' activities available. Cost is $5 for food and drinks.
- Naturalist Field Day: "Local Geology Featuring Glacial Lake Missoula" with geologist Bruce Baty, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 19. Meet at the center. Cost is $80, $70 for members. Call to register.
- Saturday Kids’ Activity: "Explore Forest Fire," 2-3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26. Cost is $3, $2 for members. For ages 5 and older.
- Glacial Lake Missoula Chapter fall field trip, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26. Call for details.