BILLINGS - With water levels dropping to critical levels, Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks has closed the following stretches of the Big Hole River to fishing:
• Saginaw Bridge on Skinner Meadows Road to North Fork Big Hole River;
• Notch Bottom fishing access site to the confluence with the Beaverhead River.
FWP follows guidelines set by the Big Hole drought management plan developed in coordination with the Big Hole Watershed Committee.
The following stretches of Region 3 rivers remain closed to fishing from 2 p.m. to midnight daily:
• Big Hole River from Maiden Rock fishing access to Notch Bottom FAS;
You have free articles remaining.
• Ruby River from Duncan District Road to confluence with the Beaverhead River;
• Shields River from its mouth upstream to its confluence with Smith Creek;
• Lower Madison River from Ennis Dam to the Missouri River Headwaters;
• Lower Gallatin River from its confluence with the Madison River at Three Forks upstream to Sheds Bridge (Highway 84) near Four Corners;
• East Gallatin River from its origin (at the confluence of Rocky Creek and Bear Creek) to its confluence with the West Gallatin River
For up-to-date information on drought-related restrictions, visit http://fwp.mt.gov/news/restrictions/.