{{featured_button_text}}
fire engine fire truck emergency stockimage

Faulty wiring was most likely the cause of Monday's structure fire west of Missoula, according investigators with the rural fire district.

The burn on Flora Drive destroyed two storage buildings, a carport, two vehicles, several tractors, several pieces of power equipment and also torched about a dozen 50-foot-tall pine trees, Missoula Rural Fire District Capt. Ron Lubke said in a release on Thursday.

Fire investigators believe the fire started in one of the two storage buildings involved.

Most of the items that were destroyed were not functional and the owner planned to scrap them anyway, Lubke said. The estimated damage totals about $10,000. The property saved by the multi-agency attack was estimated at $250,000. 

"Due to the extensive damage, the exact cause remains undetermined; however, evidence at the scene indicates that the fire was most likely caused by a non-code-compliant wiring which failed resulting in the fire," Lubke wrote.

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.
0
0
0
0
0