A 26-year-old man likely will be sent to prison in late January after accepting a plea agreement in a case where he was charged with shooting a handgun five times near his girlfriend and two children.

In December 2016, Missoula police went to the Silvertip Apartments after multiple people reported gunshots.

When they forced entry into Johnny Allen Washee’s apartment, he grabbed the woman — who was holding one of their children — and ducked behind them, according to court records. Washee eventually surrendered.

During a search of the apartment, officers found five bullet holes in the walls, and a second child in the bedroom. In a backpack in the bedroom, investigators found a handgun and Washee’s wallet, as well as a lightbulb with methamphetamine residue, a lighter and 97 grams of meth packaged in multiple baggies, court records said.

After being arrested and served with an order of protection telling him not to have any contact with the woman, Washee called her several times from the jail, and was charged with four counts of violating an order of protection, two of which were felonies.

On Wednesday in Missoula County District Court, Washee pleaded no contest to a felony for criminal endangerment specifically relating to the woman involved in the shooting. Two other felony charges, one for each of his children who were put in danger, were dropped as part of the plea agreement.

He also pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors for violating the order of protection, and no contest to criminal possession of dangerous drugs with the intent to distribute for the meth found in his bag.

Twice in the last year, District Court Judge Leslie Halligan released him on pretrial supervision. In both cases, Washee immediately stopped showing up to court or to his supervising officer and had to be rearrested. During one of his periods out of custody this summer, Washee cut off his GPS monitor and tested positive for meth use.

Washee was on probation at the time of the shooting. According to state records, he has a 2012 conviction for felony assault with a weapon in Yellowstone County. He was also convicted of felony escape in Silver Bow County after he spent six months in 2015 on the loose after walking away from the Butte Pre-Release Center.

Washee’s plea agreement calls for a 15 year sentence to the Montana State Prison, with five of those years suspended. He will be sentenced by Halligan on Jan. 24.