Subscribe for 17¢ / day
Sean Christopher Wilde

Sean Christopher Wilde

A 32-year-old Missoula man who received a fully suspended sentence for attacking a woman, and another for repeatedly violating an order of protection, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to a new charge of allegedly raping a woman at a motel in June.

Sean Christopher Wilde was arrested in June after a new charge of felony sexual intercourse without consent — Montana’s law for rape — was filed against him. He appeared Wednesday before Missoula County District Court Judge Leslie Halligan.

Wilde has a felony criminal history dating to a 2013 incident, when he was charged with raping a woman at his house. In an interview with police in that case, Wilde had admitted the woman told him to stop and that he had “raped” her, according to court documents. A 2014 trial on the matter ended in a hung jury, but Wilde later agreed to plead guilty to two felony counts of criminal endangerment in the case.

In spring 2015, former District Court Judge Ed McLean gave him a 20-year, fully suspended prison sentence.

Wilde was arrested again in January 2016 for three counts of violating an order of protection and other breaches of his suspended sentence. That arrest ended with Wilde receiving another fully suspended sentence.

He was arrested in October — two months after his second felony conviction — for a litany of probation violations. Those violations have yet to be resolved, as hearings in Wilde’s case have repeatedly been pushed off down the calendar.

In early June, Halligan allowed Wilde to be released after he allegedly secured housing and planned to work with various resources in the community.

But according to court documents filed in his case, that’s not what Wilde did. Instead, less than a week after his release, he allegedly met a woman at the Poverello Center and told her he would pay for a motel room for them.

An affidavit filed in the case says that when they got to the room, Wilde told the woman he wanted to have sex, but she refused, saying she only wanted to take a shower. Wilde allegedly attacked the woman after she got out of the shower and raped her. She went to the hospital the next day and was interviewed by detectives.

Wilde remains in custody on a $100,000 bail.

You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.

Law and Justice Reporter

Crime reporter for the Missoulian.