"For every mystery, there is someone, somewhere, who knows the truth. Perhaps that someone is watching. Perhaps... it's you."
That line was uttered by host Robert Stack at the end of nearly every episode of the documentary anthology series "Unsolved Mysteries." The show ran from 1987 to 2002, beginning on NBC, before moving the CBS and, later, Lifetime. A short-lived revival featuring Dennis Farina as its host aired on the Spike channel from 2008 to 2010. Several seasons of the show were recently added to Amazon's Prime video streaming service.
The show detailed various mysteries, ranging from missing persons and criminal cold cases to paranormal legends, including alleged hauntings, UFO sightings and psychics.
In its 25-year original run, the show covered numerous cases that ran through Montana, including several baffling cases that remain unsolved. Here are a few of the cases from 'Unsolved Mysteries' that involved the Treasure State, along with the status of those cases today.
- 1985 Montana rest stop murder still puzzles law enforcement
- Missoula man who brutally murdered wife in 1986 arrested after years on the run
- $10,000 reward offered for info in Missoula murder investigation
- Judge considers dropping charges in case where deputy had homicide scene professionally cleaned
- Cold Case: Retired federal investigators hope to solve 1991 Cheetham killings
- 2 Rocky Boy police officers suspended after assault charges