Subscribe for 17¢ / day

A motor home on Toole Avenue caught fire early Saturday morning and was badly damaged, but its two occupants escaped safely and no one was injured.

The Missoula Fire Department responded to the emergency call at about 2:15 a.m. and found one motor home fully engulfed in flames, while another nearby motor home was beginning to burn, according to a release from Battalion Chief Ed Brunsvold.

The owners of the first motor home had escaped prior to the fire crew's arrival, but an occupant of the neighboring home was sleeping and had to be removed by crews, who extinguished both fires.

A pet dog died in the main blaze, which severely damaged the motor home. The American Red Cross provided the home owners with temporary shelter.

The fire is under investigation. Anyone with information should contact Gordon Hughes or Dax Frazier at (406) 552-6210.

0
0
0
0
0
You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.

Tags