Montana added 167 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, and one more death due to the virus.
The number of confirmed active cases in Montana dropped to 1,028, down from 1,101 reported the previous day by the state Department of Public Health and Human Services. The one death confirmed Tuesday, which occurred in Silver Bow County, brought the statewide death toll of the pandemic to 1,593 people.
Montana health care workers had administered more than 750,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines as of Tuesday, and 352,991 Montanans were considered to be fully vaccinated. Multiple county health departments are offering walk-in vaccine clinics, and information on vaccine availability can be found at vaccinefinder.org.
Active hospitalizations in the state due to the virus dropped to 69 on Tuesday, down two from Monday. In total, 5,122 people in Montana have been hospitalized because of COVID-19.
With the latest cases added Tuesday, the cumulative number of Montana residents who have tested positive for COVID-19 reached 110,107 people. Of those who have tested positive, 107,486 have recovered, meeting the standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for a person to safely leave isolation.
Another 2,764 COVID-19 tests were completed by Tuesday, for a total of 1,329,335.
Counties added the following number of cases in Tuesday’s update:
- Gallatin County with 37 (128 active)
- Cascade County with 36 (181 active)
- Yellowstone County with 29 (176 active)
- Lewis and Clark County with 11 (83 active)
- Flathead County with six (109 active)
- Ravalli County with six (25 active)
- Hill County with five (six active)
- Fergus County with four (seven active)
- Lake County with four (41 active)
- Missoula County with four (48 active)
- Silver Bow County with four (three active)
- Blaine County with three (15 active)
- Fallon County with three (three active)
- Park County with three (94 active)
- Glacier County with two (six active)
- Lincoln County with two (10 active)
- Richland County with two (four active)
- Teton County with two (eight active)
- Jefferson County with one (eight active)
- Madison County with one (three active)
- Sweat Grass County with one (four active)
- Wheatland County with one (one active)