A plethora of breweries in western Montana won at the North American Beer Awards in Idaho Falls on June 5:
- Bayern Brewing Inc. in Missoula won bronze in the Helles lager category for its Montana Helles Lager.
- Big Sky Brewing Co. in Missoula won silver in the barrel-aged strong beer category for its Barrel-Aged Power Wagon.
- KettleHouse Brewing Co. in Missoula won silver in English-style summer ale for Fresh Bongwater, silver in California Common for KettleHouse Kommon and gold for Biere de Garde.
- Draught Works in Missoula took home a bronze in the cream ale category for its That’s What She Said Cream Ale and a bronze in the ordinary bitter category for Shadow Caster Amber Ale.
“We’re very excited our flagship won,” said Draught Works co-owner Jeff Grant. “Cream Ale has medaled two years in a row. We are very proud of our brewing team for getting the recognition they deserve.”
- Flathead Lake Brewing Co. in Bigfork took home a silver and a bronze in the Flanders-style red or brown ale category for Barrel 14 Sour and Montucky Sour Brown, respectively.
- Great Northern Brewing Co. in Whitefish took home Bronze for American-Style Strong Ale for “Good Medicine Strong Red Ale.”
- Philipsburg Brewing Co. won gold in the light ale category for Otter Water Summer Pale Ale.
- Tamarack Brewing Co. in Lakeside won gold in English-style India Pale Ale for Core Shot Copper, gold in the Specialty/Experimental Beer category for Raspberry PHunkenstein and bronze in English-style barley wine for I Remember My First Barley Wine.
A total of 31 awards were won by 17 Montana breweries, making Montana the top state per capita in terms of awards won.