For a statewide construction report call 1-800-226-7623 or on the Web at www.mdt.state.mt.us. Please drive with care and buckle up.
This Road Report is posted online all week long, including helpful location maps - click on Road Report link from Missoulian home page.
City of Missoula
1. East Reserve Street sewer project continues. The work is proceeding in the area between South Seventh and South Third. Look for road closures and detours throughout the area.
2. The Rattlesnake sewer project continues and work is proceeding on Rattle Snake Drive Look for road closures and detours throughout the area. Expect significant delays and congestion especially around the Rattlesnake School during drop-off or pickup. Rattlesnake drive should be opened next week.
3. Construction work continues in the area around the new Wal-Mart on the corner of Mullan Road and Reserve Street. There will be road closures, restrictions and detours at various locations throughout the next month.
4. Construction has started on the Grove Street Sewer with excavation starting on Juneau Drive.
5. Construction will start on a new sewer running from the west end of 39th, across Brooks then down the west side of Reserve to South Avenue The contractor will start with boring under Brooks Street. There should not be any road closures at this time but look for equipment on the sides of the road.
6. Curb and sidewalk work continues on Toole and Owens streets. Look for road closures and detours through out the area.
7. Curbs and sidewalks are being constructed around Franklin Park. There should be no road closures but much of the parking area for the park will be unavailable during construction.
8. Construction on Stephens Street between Sixth and Mount streets will commence on Tuesday, May 29. The initial work will take place along the outsides of the road way in the parking lane. Two way traffic will be permitted in the center two lanes. Look for construction signing and delays. This project will take approximately 3 months to complete.
9. The southbound lane of Orange Street will be detoured between Alder and Spruce for Tuesday for a communication line installation. Delays may be significant during rush hour traffic.
10. In Missoula, Orange Street traffic can expect short delays at the Orange Street Bridge from First Street to Front Street. Crews are working on a bridge reconstruction project. Estimated time of completion is the summer of 2002.
The City Street Department has started it's annual post winter breakup repair work throughout the city. Look for road closures and detours through out the city.
1. On I-90, from 4.9 miles east of Lookout Pass to 14.2 miles east of Lookout Pass, there are lane width restrictions. Traffic is restricted to either the westbound or the eastbound lanes with two-way traffic in place. Lane widths will be 16 feet per lane. Wide loads are restricted to 14 feet wide. Mobile homes with roof eaves, will be restricted to 16 feet eave widths (the remainder of the load must not exceed 14 feet). It is anticipated that this restriction will last thru July 15, 2001.
2. On U.S. 93, from Florence to three miles north of Florence (Carlton Creek Road), project is inactive.
3. On U.S. 93, from three miles north of Florence (Carlton Creek Road) to Lolo, expect lane closures and 45 mph speed limits for grinding activities and seeding work. In Lolo, crews are working on the irrigation system.
4. On Highway 200, west of Dixon, road reconstruction activities include rough road surfaces. Expect 10 to 15 minute delays, and 35 mph speed limits. Pilot cars and flaggers are present to guide travelers through the area during work hours.
5. On Highway 83, in Seeley Lake, there are 5 to 10 minute delays for slope flattening work.
Watch for workers in all construction areas and please obey all traffic signing. Violating highway work zone signs can result in doubled fines. Montana laws also set fines and jail sentences for reckless endangerment of highway workers. Expect to see law enforcement around work areas.