• Trae Hugs scored 23 points and Famous Lefthand added 19 as Hardin began defense of its Class A title with a 72-29 romp over Belgrade.
• Scott Malikie had a game-high 19 points and Neil Daily had 10 points and 10 rebounds as Missoula Sentinel proved too big, strong and fast for Stevensville in a 78-42 win in the opener for both teams. Colby Meeds led Stevi with 16 points.
• Jonah Parke scored 17 points and Luke Holland added 15 as Drummond overcame a 25-point outburst by Plains' Derick Curry in a season-opening 53-47 win in the Western C Tip-Off. Drummond led by 12 entering the fourth quarter.
• Landers Smith scored 20 points as Charlo opened its season with a 38-35 slugfest win over Valley Christian in the Western C Tip-Off. Smith was the only scorer in double figures in a game the Vikings led 28-18 after three quarters. Eight players scored for Valley Christian, led by Brennan Cox's 10 points.
• Alex Currie poured in 24 points and teammates Rylan Weltz and Logan Wood added 16 apiece as Noxon cruised to a 73-53 win over Alberton-Superior in the Western C Tip-Off. Noxon dominated in teh second and fourth quarters, outscoring Alberton-Superior by 24 points. Carson Callison led all scorers with 26 points for Alberton-Superior.
• Spencer Lepley scored 22 points as Shepherd won at Forsyth 67-31 in a Class B matchup. Badger Martin added 13 points and Brayden Fulton 12 for the visiting Mustangs. Michael Lira and Seth Rothwell notched eight points apiece for Forsyth. Shepherd led 18-6 after one quarter and 36-15 by intermission. Lepley tallied 17 of his points in the first half.
• Bryce Osksa led the way with 28 points and Tyson Flickinger added 18 as Plentywood downed Saco-Whitewater-Hinsdale 65-44 in the opener for both teams. Plentywood burst to a 19-7 lead after one quarter and was never threatened.
• Caden Smerker scored 27 points as Simms downed Augusta 78-49 in a season-opener.
• Grady Taylor scored 20 points and Hayden Lockie chipped in with 11 as Circle topped Jordan 48-33.
• Challis Westwater nearly recorded a triple-double in her first start with 13 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists, and Lexi Deden contributed 17 points, five steals, four rebounds, three assists and three blocks as Missoula Sentinel burst from a 10-10 second-quarter tie for a 70-23 romp over Stevensville, spoiling former Yellowjackets standout and former Montana Griz standout Alycia (Sims) Harris' debut as coach. Angel Richards paced Stevensville with eight points and six rebounds.
• Roxanne Keefer tallied 18 points and teammate Lindsay Hein had 10 to lead Forsyth to a 57-20 win over Shepherd. Forsyth outscored Shepherd 43-14 in the second half.
• Ryann Moline’s game-high 26 points led Circle to a 59-37 season-opening win over the Jordan. Sierra Nagle added 14 points for the Wildcats, who led 28-17 at halftime.
• Brenna Osksa had a team-high 21 points as Plentywood opened its season with a 59-43 win over Saco-Whitewater-Hinsdale. Kaitlyn McColly topped Saco-Whitewater-Hinsdale with 21 points and Kia Wasson added 13. Mikayla Stevens chipped in with 11 for Plentywood.
• Makaela Kelly scored 11 points and Emma Hill added 10 as St. Regis defeated Valley Christian 57-31 at the Western C Tip-Off. St. Regis jumped to a 19-4 lead after the first quarter. Morgan Brewer led the Eagles with seven points.
• Janessa Willekes scored a game-high 21 points to lead Simms over Augusta 44-33.
28: Bryce Osksa, Plentywood
28: Brandon Knudsen, Hot Springs
27: Caden Smerker, Simms
27: Trenton Bauer, Brockton
26: Ryann Moline, Circle
26: Carson Callison, Alberton-Superior
25: Derick Curry, Plains
24: Alex Currie, Noxon
23: Trae Hugs, Hardin
23: Mason Age, Victor
22: Spencer Lepley, Shepherd
21: Janessa Willekes, Simms
21: Brenna Osksa, Plentywood
21: Kaitlyn McColly, Saco-Whitewater-Hinsdale
20: Landers Smith, Charlo
20: Grady Taylor, Circle
• Post Falls, Idaho, Dickinson, North Dakota, and Miles City were the team champions for their respective pools on the opening day of the Sidney Invitational wrestling tournament. In the dual competition, Post Falls defeated host Sidney, 39-28, in the finals for Pool A. Dickinson downed Bowman, North Dakota, 46-21 in Pool B, and Miles City prevailed over the Sidney JV 45-24 in Pool C.