• Braxton Haws led Class AA Billings Senior with 20 points in a 63-46 cross-class win over Class A Laurel. Camden Hill led Laurel with 20 points.
• Gabe Gundlach and Kaden Stradley scored 24 points apiece as Miles City won at home against Williston, N.D., 65-63. The Class A Cowboys pulled the game out with a 20-10 scoring surge during the fourth quarter. William Brown led the visiting Coyotes with 22 points.
• Libby topped Thompson Falls 70-56 as Ryggs Johnston had 24 points and JJ Davis added another 17.
• Carson Cayko's 14 points helped guide Fairview to a 53-47 triumph over visiting Westby-Grenora in Class C play. The Thunder led 33-30 heading into the fourth quarter, but the Warriors responded with a 23-14 run down the stretch. Fairview cashed in on 10 free throws and two 3-pointers during the scoring spree. Andrew Field tallied 12 points for Westby-Grenora.
• Kell Schwers scored 20 points to lead four players in double figures as Big Timber won at home 77-35 over Columbus in a Class B matchup. Casey Gunlikson added 13 points for the Sheepherders, followed by Keegan Durfee 12 and Blake Finn 11. Big Timber tallied 32 points in the third quarter, with Schwers accounting for 12. Columbus received 14 points from Brandon Horton and 11 from Kenneth Smith.
• Class A Hamilton won the first half against Class AA Missoula Big Sky and it led to a 66-58 victory for the Broncs at the Eagles' gym. Tanner Goligoski led three Broncs in double figures with 19 points. Big Sky's Camdyn Larance and Dan Morin each scored 15 points.
• Polson's Shade Main shot 9 for 17 from the field and scored 18 points to pace his Pirates in a 57-53 win against Stevensville. The Yellowjackets' Logan Roth led all scorers with 26 points.
• Isaiah Williams had 26 points and Kobbe BigBack added 22 as Colstrip defeated Shepherd 83-65 in Class B play. Griffin Butsch led Shepherd with 14 points and Tanner Harrell led with 10 rebounds.
• Wyatt Alexander scored 32 points and Max Feight 25 as Class B Whitehall started fast and finished with a 71-52 victory over Manhattan Christian, the defending Class C runnerup. Alexander and Feight combined for four 3-pointers and shot 11 of 17 from the foul line. Whitehall jumped ahead 24-13 in the first quarter and 41-23 at intermission. Manhattan Christian, which shot 2 of 22 from 3-point range, received 17 points from Caleb Bellach.
• Colter Zentner, Carson Roberts and Kolton Pospisil combined for 53 points as Bridger defeated visiting Harlowton 68-36 in a Class C encounter. Zentner led with 20 points, followed by Roberts at 18 and Pospisil at 15. The Scouts bolted ahead of the Engineers 24-7 in the first quarter. James Lane provided 12 points for Harlowton.
• Seeley-Swan topped St. Regis 67-22 in Class C play as Avery Smith and Cameron Haines scored 15 each and Cordell Turner added 14.
• Noxon beat Lincoln 61-52 behind 27 points from Logan Wood. Nathan Brown led Lincoln with 29 points.
• Philipsburg edged Alberton-Superior 43-37 in a Class C game behind 13 points from Colton Grange, 11 by Kade Cutler and 10 from Jaxon Lee. Alberton-Superior was led by Carson Callison with 10 points.
• Six Darby players scored six or more points in a 46-27 Class C win over Hot Springs. Dylan Parks led the way with 11 points.
• Plains beat Valley Christian 51-23 in Class C action on Kyle Weeks' 12 points, Derick Curry's 12, Tanner Ovitt's 11and Jay Von Heeder's 10.
• Luke Holland had 14 points and Colby Manley added 10 in Drummond's 49-33 Class C win over Charlo. Landers Smith led Charlo with 11 points.
• Bryson Stermitz scored 30 points and Gardiner rolled past White Sulphur Springs 82-37 in a Class C matchup. Brother Luke Stermitz added 15 points and Jacob Perius 10 for the Bruins. Gardiner blew the game open with spurts of 26-5 in the second quarter and 23-7 in the fourth frame. Dawson Clayton finished with 12 points for WSS, and Nate Ogle wound up with 11.
• Kola Bad Bear had 19 points and Ellie Ostermiller 10 as Billings Senior opened its season with a 64-46 win over Laurel. The Broncs had nine players score as they played their first game since claiming the third-place trophy at last season’s Class AA state tournament. Laurel, coming off a Friday-night win over Columbus, was led by Sammi Spitzer’s 16 points.
• Class A Hamilton swept past its Class AA rival Missoula Big Sky, 47-31. Cariann Kunkel posted a double-double off the bench for Hamilton with 16 points and "at least 15 boards," according to coach Mark Albert. Mallory McGill added 10 points for the Broncs.
Big Sky's Julia Riekena and Sydnee Zanto each led their squad with eight first-half points.
• Shelby Jordan had a double-double of 16 points and 12 rebounds as Colstrip defeated Shepard 53-37 in a Class B game.
• In the Western C tipoff tournament, Anna Kasper scored 22 points in Noxon's 58-8 win over Victor.
• Charlo beat Drummond 33-21 behind Kaitlin Cox's 15 points.
• Cassidy Moen had a game-high 10 points to lead the Frenchtown JV to a 39-15 win over Valley Christian.
• Madison Kelly had 18 points and Baylee Pruitt added 17 in St. Regis' 55-26 Class C win over Darby. Casey Ehmann led Darby with 15 points.
• Seeley-Swan outscored Hot Springs 13-6 in the fourth quarter to win 44-41 in Class C action. Seeley-Swan's Klair Kovatich and Ashley Miller had 10 points each, and Terra Bertsch added nine. Sage Jackson scored 13 and McKennzie Cannon chipped in 11 for Hot Springs.
• Jaden Comings scored 25 points and Emma Grange had 17 points in Philipsburg's 59-31 win over Lincoln. Jerilyn Dietz led Lincoln with 17 points.
• Alberton-Superior beat Plains, 52-28 on 19 points from Madison Mask, 14 by Madison Lommen and 12 from Kenzie Mueller. Lindsay Laws had 17 and Jessica Thompson added 10 for Plains.
• Jenna Rust scored 24 points, five in overtime, to help lift Westby-Grenora to a 43-38 Class C win over Fairview. Fairview outscored Westby-Grenora 18-10 in the fourth quarter to force the OT, but the Warriors scored just two points in the extra frame. Torrie Hurley scored 18 – 10 in the fourth quarter and OT combined – to lead Fairview.
33: Mya Fourstar, Frazer
You have free articles remaining.
32: Carson Lindseth, Foothills Christian
32: Wyatt Alexander, Whitehall
30: Bryson Stermitz, Gardiner
29: Trevor Herzog, Reed Point-Rapelje
29: Nathan Brown, Lincoln
27: Logan Wood, Noxon
26: Logan Roth, Stevensville
26: Isaiah Williams, Colstrip
25: Max Feight, Whitehall
25: Megan Ogle, White Sulphur Springs
24: Jenna Rust, Westby-Grenora
24: Gabe Gundlach, Miles City
24: Kaden Stradley, Miles City
24: Ryggs Johnston, Libby
22: Anna Kasper, Noxon
22: Kobbe Bigback, Colstrip
22: Sydney Prather, Big Timber
21: Sawyer Sibley, Nashua
21: Ben Anderson, Deer Lodge
20: Janessa Willekes, Simms
20: Elyssa Willekes, Simms
20: Kell Schwers, Big Timber
20: Colter Zentner, Bridger
20: Camryn Ault, Columbus
20: Braxton Haws, Billings Senior
20: Camden Hill, Laurel
20: Melony Fetter, Dodson
20: Loni Kortum, Terry
• Havre won eight classes to easily win its own wrestling invitational. The Blue Ponies finished with 250.5 points, easily out-distancing Great Falls High with 194. The defending Class A state champions won titles at 103, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152 and 205.
• Post Falls of Idaho placed first in the Sidney Eagle Invitational with 186.0 points. At 138 pounds, defending Class B-C champion Jackson Currier of Colstrip defeated Charlie Klepps of Billings Senior for first place. Gentry Lamb of Billings Skyview took second in the 113 class. Alejandro Madrid of Billings Senior took second as well in the 103.
• At the Owen Invitational in Polson, Frenchtown's Eli Warner, Walker Dyer, Jake Bibler, Riley Gurr and Michael Edwards all brought home the crown for their weight classes. Victories from Sentinel's Bryar Newbary, Reece Eckley and Cam Hegel boosted the Spartans to win the invite. Frenchtown finished second.
• Missoula Big Sky won two of its three dual meets in Helena against Kalispell Glacier and Bozeman. The Eagles were competitive against the reigning Class AA state champions — Kalispell Flathead — but lost 36-24.